- This morning man was walking in the middle of the highway claiming that someone across the street was trying to kill him.
- Thurs night sermon: “As a Christian you can’t ignore anyone”
- Common sense: the man is mad. Bandaged elbow, frantic look.
- The phone is left at home; can’t call police. Thank you God the doors are locked; he can’t get in.
- Work is expecting me- by name. I can’t ignore my coworkers either.
- Compassion moves people to act, I can’t act. Keep moving and praying he doesn’t get hit by the cars that speed up instead of slow down.
- All dressed up to go to a wedding.
- Didn’t RSVP for the reception, only the ceremony. Thinking about Thurs night sermon- invite those that can’t repay. Thinking about my own. Big open house party? Get a bigger than necessary church and say come one come all. Get local friends to take in out of towners and help me cook some casseroles. Donate the tons of leftovers.
- Told some girls at work this morning. First reaction: that’s cool and then they changed their minds. Nope- “weddings suck” and they “only go for the drama”. Divorce is expected. Tragic opinion based on live experiences. What a different connotation than what I’ve grown up with! Heart-breaking perspective based on their reality.
- Excitement tempered by ponderings and mild jealousy. Working on eradicating the latter.
- Are we or are we not supposed to let people wreak havoc on our lives. Can’t ignore anyone- go out of your way to help the broken. What about the people expecting us. Commitments.
This moment’s stream of consciousness (it changes by the sec!)
- “What is love? Baby don’t hurt me.. don’t hurt me.. no more” – “oh we’re half way there! woah- living on a prayer” – chorus came on at work as long line of people stream through the door – tempted to go all out, sing – someone singing my name at work this morning; debating how to answer. sing hers back, smile quietly and keep working, lift my eyebrows and make her feel weird when i long to go at it too; be silly and let whatever comes come. wedding in half hour- gotta go.
- when we all long for authenticity, is letting someone see our vulnerabilities a good or bad thing. It’s possible to be too honest. Too out there. A person without self-control is like a city without walls. Wedding- marriage= good thing. A friend’s special day. Mine’s coming. eventually. gotta go